Terms and Conditions
Please read before booking
Our properties are all individually owned, reflecting the individual owner's style and taste; they range from really first class to the more simple basic holiday property; the rents and grading give some indication of the standard and position. We have endeavoured to give a fair description in our brochure if you require further information our staff are always ready to discuss your requirements more fully.
- The booking of a holiday property described in this brochure is a legally binding agreement for hiring the property for a specified period. It contains rights and obligations which are set out in these conditions called the "Hiring Conditions" and to which you agree by signing the booking form. You should only do so if you are satisfied that you understand and are prepared to be bound by them. Guests do enjoy staying in our very popular character cottages or farmhouses; please remember that many of these were built over 100 years ago. Some of them will have uneven floorboards, low doorways and other quirky features; they were built prior to modern building regulations. They may require additional heating in the winter months, but once warm the thick stone walls will retain the heat.
- The Hiring Agreement ("the agreement") is between you ("the hirer") and the property owner. Coast and Country Holidays Ltd. acts as letting agent for the property owner and is not the agent of the hirer.
- 1. Bookings
(a) The person who signs the Agreement certifies by doing so that he or she has the consent and authority to agree the terms of the Agreement on behalf of all intended occupants (including any later added). The signatory must be over eighteen years of age and bookings from young people under eighteen cannot be accepted.
(b) Where bookings are made by telephone they should be confirmed within 48 hours.
(c) The booking is not treated as definite, that is, as the Agreement, until Coast & Country Holidays Ltd. has received the booking form together with the deposit of 25% of the total cost of hiring including the cancellation insurance fee and the cost of any additional requirements ("extras") detailed on the booking form;
(d) Please note a booking made by telephone and not confirmed as above will not be treated as definite and after the expiry of the 48 hour period the property may be hired by some one else.
- 2. Payment
(a) Where a deposit has been paid as above, the balance of the total cost of the holiday must be paid at least 8 weeks before the date on which the hiring is due to start.
(b) If a booking is made less than eight weeks before the hiring is due to start the booking form must be accompanied by payment in full of all the hiring fees as detailed at paragraph 3(c) above;
(c) Once the booking has been confirmed and the agreement has come into existence the signatory is personally responsible for the total cost of hiring the property agreed.
(d) Where applicable VAT is included in the quoted rental and there is no extra charge. Coast & Country Holidays Ltd. as agent for the owners reserves the right to vary the rental should the rate of VAT or liability for it at the date of the hiring change.
- 3. The Owners Obligations
(a) To provide the holiday property you have chosen in a reasonable state of repair and condition, furnished and equipped to a fair and proper standard and in reasonable accordance with the description of the property in this brochure:
(b) To take reasonable steps to address properly and rectify as quickly as possible any problems which arise with the property during the hiring.
(c) Neither the property owner nor the letting agent can be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by any hirer, member of the party, or visitor, or their property however caused.
(d) We should point out that we cannot be held responsible for any building or roadworks nor any countryside activities i.e. machinery, animals and rural activities carried out at or close to properties.
(e) Where properties are advertised as having an Internet or Wifi connection available, connections are in no way guaranteed as in most instances the connection is not guaranteed by the ISP (Internet Service Provider).
(f) Access statements are being prepared for each property, please ask a member of staff.
- 4. Hirers Obligations
(a) To leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. Please ensure particularly that the kitchen and all equipment and utensils and the bathroom are left clean and tidy;
(b) To pay for any damage and breakages at the property and to the contents before departure;
(c) To permit the owners or the owners agents including Coast & Country Holidays reasonable access to examine any matter of complaint raised during the hiring and to attend to any resulting repair or rectification or other urgent maintenance;
(d) Any complaints should be made firstly to the owner/caretaker within 48 hours and if necessary to Coast and Country Holidays so that an investigation can be undertaken and any remedial action taken. It may be impossible to investigate a complaint thoroughly after you have left the property and this could affect or even extinguish your rights. It is therefore in your interest to act promptly.
(e) Not to share the property with anyone not nominated in the booking form or to sublet the property or assign the booking to anyone else;
(f) Not to exceed the maximum number of persons stated in the brochure to be allowed to occupy the property. Please note that the right exists to terminate the Agreement immediately without refund or compensation on breach of this or the previous condition (6 (e);
(g) Any special requirements must be made known at the time of the booking. If you have any medical problem or disability that may affect your holiday, please tell us before confirming your booking and follow up with written details. If we feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
- 5. Pets
(a) Where pets are allowed in a property (this is not so in all properties - please check the brochure) the maximum number is usually two and a charge of £25 per pet per week. The number of pets must not be exceeded in any circumstances;
(b) Only normal domestic pets are accepted and these must be docile and well behaved. Any damage done by any pet must be paid for as under 4(b) above;
(c) Consent to pets being permitted in any property is in all circumstances dependant upon the type or breed being declared on the booking form and upon there being no variations on arrival at the property. The right is reserved to terminate the hiring forthwith if there has been any material error or omission in any such declaration;
(d) Pets must not be left alone in the property at any time;
(e) Pets must not be allowed on to any bedding or soft furnishing in the property and must be provided by the hirer with their own bedding or blanket to protect the owners floor coverings and furnishings; The right to regulate and implement these conditions with relation to pets will vest solely in the owner or Coast & Country Holidays as agent for the owner. Allergies - If any member of the holiday party suffers from an allergy to pets please advise at time of booking.
- 6. Cancellation
(a) Coast & Country Holidays Ltd. operates a cancellation scheme to cover cancellation prior to the commencement of your holiday for any of the following reasons: death, illness, accident, jury service or witness summons of any persons named on the booking form, or the husband, wife, child, parent or parent in law of such person, together with the home of such person being rendered uninhabitable by fire, explosion, subsidence, malicious damage or storm including flood as well as the requirement by the police for the presence at home of such a person following a burglary or attempted burglary at the home or place of business of one such intended occupants. It does not cover war or similar risks nor injuries occasioned by taking part in hazardous activities or sports and cover ceases once the holiday has commenced. The fee for this scheme is included in the agreed rental, but regrettably we are unable to offer the scheme to clients over the age of 75 years.
(b) It is essential that if you are obliged to cancel your holiday for one of the above reasons that the facts are reported and the scheme invoked in writing within 24 hours (for holidays taken during 2018) of the event giving rise to the cancellation accompanied by supporting evidence in reasonably acceptable terms. The protection afforded by the cancellation scheme does not cover pregnancy or any illness or injury not in the reasonable opinion of Coast & Country Holidays sufficiently serious to prevent the person concerned taking the holiday nor any illness or medical condition known or reasonably anticipated at the time of booking or the consequences thereof:
(c) In the event of the Hirer wishing to cancel their holiday for any reason not covered by the cancellation protection scheme Coast & Country Holidays will make every reasonable effort to resell the holiday and if successful the holiday price you have paid to the Agent will be refunded less the cancellation booking fee and a 30% (for holidays taken during 2018) administration charge plus VAT which will be retained to cover our time and expense in processing the cancellation and resale. If unsuccessful the price of the holiday will be forfeited and you may be liable for the full cost of the holiday.
(d) Once an Agreement has been made in accordance with these conditions any request to change the terms of the Agreement as to the period of occupancy or identity of the property booked has to be treated as a cancellation and the above conditions will apply although every effort will be made to accommodate changes requested by a Hirer more than two months before the date on which the holiday is to commence. A charge of £60 (for holidays taken during 2018) plus VAT per week will be incurred.
(e) Please note overseas visitors must take out their own cancellation cover.
- If due to circumstances beyond the control of the owner or Coast & Country Holidays the property booked become unavailable for hire all monies paid will be refunded in full or the Hirer will be accommodated if the Hirer so wishes in an alternative property at comparable price but the Hirer shall in such circumstances have no further claim against the owner or Coast & Country Holidays.
- Please note that all properties hired must be vacated by 10.30am on the morning of departure and due to requirements for cleaning and replacing bed linen etc. are not available for occupation before 4.00pm on the date the holiday is due to start (I.e. The start date you have booked your holiday for).
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998).
- We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service.
- The type of information we will collect about you includes: your name, address, phone number, and email address. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
- We will never disclose your details to any third party or transfer it anywhere.
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
The only cookie we use on this website is for our analytics. This is a third party cookie and does not store any personal information about you. We use this cookie for analysing visits and traffic to our website. The data we analyse is then used to help improve the website for our customers.
You may at anytime amend the cookie settings in your web browser to stop cookies from being used. Please view the intructions supplied with your browser to find out how to amend your cookie settings.
For more information on cookies, see the following wiki page... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie